Skoda Superb facelift comes in two variants and one petrol engine
Skoda Auto India have launched the facelifted version of Superb in India with some design upgrades, new petrol engine and is priced between Rs. 29.99 Lakhs and Rs. 32.99 Lakhs.The bookings for the premium sedan were started at 50,000 and has been finally launched.
What has changed in Superb Facelift 2020?
- It gets new 2.0 L TSI Petrol engine replacing the old 1.8 L TSI unit
- TDI Diesel engine has been discontinued
- Cosmetic updates – new LED Headlamps, new alloys, updated front bumper and grille
- Around 4 lakh premium compared to the pre facelift Skoda Superb
- It gets new features like wireless charging, 8” infotainment system, digital instrument cluster
Skoda Superb 2020 Engine Options
Likely as we discussed above, the 1.8 litre TSI petrol engine has been discontinued and makes way for new 2 litre TSI petrol engine.The earlier offered diesel unit has been removed and is unlikely to make a comeback.
The New 2.0 L TSI petrol makes 188 BHP and 320 NM of peak torque.It gets paired to 7 speed DSG gearbox which accelerates from 0-100 kmph in 7.7 seconds with max speed at 239 kmph.
| ||Skoda Superb 2.0 TSI|
|Engine||2.0 L 4 Cylinder TSI|
|Power||188 BHP @ 4200 RPM|
|Torque||320 NM @ 1450 RPM|
|Transmission||7 Speed DCT|
|Fuel Efficiency||15.10 kmpl|
|Top Speed||239 kmpl|
|0-100 kmph||7.7 seconds|
|Drive Modes||Eco, Normal, Sport, Individual|
Is the new petrol engine better than the old one?
| ||Superb 2.0 TSI (New)||Superb 1.8 TSI (Old)|
|Engine||2.0 L 4 Cylinder TSI||1.8 L 4 Cylinder TSI|
|Displacement||1984 cc||1798 cc|
|Power||188 BHP @ 4200 RPM||177 BHP @ 5100 RPM|
|Torque||320 NM @ 1450 RPM||250 NM @ 1250 RPM|
|Transmission||7 Speed DCT||7 Speed DCT|
|Fuel Efficiency||15.10 kmpl||14.89 kmpl|
The new petrol engine is a bigger and more powerful engine with same gearbox.The power has gone up by 11 BHP while producing 70 NM more torque than 1.8 L TSI petrol.It delivers better fuel efficiency with a rise of around 0.2 kmpl.
Whats new on Exterior / Interior?
First of all, the LED headlamps have been redesigned, now merges with the grille along with tweaks to the front grille as well as lower bumpers.The dual tone 17 inch alloys are also new for the facelift.L & K variant features chrome elements while to add to the sportiness to the Sportline trim, Skoda has provided sporty gloss black elements.
The rear section is eye catching as it sports chrome strip for L and K and glossy black for Sportline which connects the C-Shaped LED tail lamps.In the middle of the dash sits a new 8 inch infotainment system and also features virtual cockpit as well.
The interior is dual tone for L & K and single tone in black for Sportline.
Skoda Superb Colour Options
Superb Laurin and Klement comes in Lava Blue, Moon White, Business Grey, Magnetic Brown and magic black.While Sportline gets 3 colour schemes – Steel grey, Moon White and Race Blue.
Skoda Superb Variants & Price
Unlike the pre facelift Superb which was available in couple of engine options and multiple variants have now reduced down to 1 petrol engine and 2 variants – L & K, Sportline. Variant wise features with price explained below:
Price – Rs. 29,99,000
- Exterior – 17” Stratos Anthracite Alloys, Panoramic Sunroof
- Interior – 12 way powered front seats with 3 memory function, black Alcantara upholstery, leather wrapped gear knob and steering, footwell illumination
- Comfort – Headlamp washer, hands free tailgate, virtual cockpit, 3 zone automatic ac, cruise control, parktronic system
- Infotainment system – 8” Amundsen infotainment system with apple CarPlay, android auto, mirror link
- Safety – Push Start button with keyless entry, rear camera with dynamic guidelines, 8 airbags
Superb L & K
Price – Rs. 32,99,000 (+ 3 Lakh)
- Exterior – Dual Tone alloys
- Interior – chrome inside door handles, door pocket lighting
- Comfort – ventilated and cooled front seats, drive modes, front doors SKODA welcome logo projection, iBuzz Fatigue Alert, Chauffeur package, Power Nap Package for rear seat outer headrests
- Infotainment system – Canton sound System – 11 Speakers, 1 Subwoofer (610 W)
- Safety – TPMS
What are the best features of 2020 Skoda Superb?
- All Digital Instrument Cluster
- 8” Infotainment system with Android auto, apple CarPlay, mirror link, navigation
- Panoramic sunroof
- Hands free parking
- 12 Speaker Canton sound system (610 W)
- Rain sensing wipers
- 3 zone automatic ac
- Ventilated, heated, Powered, Memory front seats
- LED ambient lighting
- 8 airbags
How does the pricing of Skoda Superb compare with Toyota Camry Hybrid?
| ||Skoda Superb||Toyota Camry Hybrid|
|Base Model||Rs. 29.99 L||–|
|Top Model||Rs. 33 L||Rs. 37.88 L|
While comparing the price, it is evident that the Superb undercuts its direct rival, the Japanese luxury sedan by a big margin and is quite feature rich as well.