Honda WR-V is placed as a premium offering in the segment, while Maruti Vitara Brezza has been a competitive product with the Diesel engine but now with petrol engine with SHVS, it has become slightly expensive. Here is a comparison of the two SUVs
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza Dimensions Comparison – Which one is bigger?
Honda WR-V measures 3,999 mm long, 1,734 mm wide and 1,601 mm tall while the Maruti Vitara Brezza has a length, width, height of 3,995 mm, 1,790 mm and 1,640 mm respectively. Wheelbase of Maruti Brezza is 2500 mm.
|Dimensions ||Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Length||3999 mm||3995 mm|
|Width||1734 mm||1790 mm|
|Height||1601 mm||1640 mm|
|Wheelbase||2555 mm||2500 mm|
|Ground Clearance||188 mm||198 mm|
|Turning Radius||5.3 m||5.2 m|
|Boot Space||363 L||328 L|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||40 L||48 L|
|Wheel Size||195/60 R16||205 / 60 R16|
|Kerb Weight (Petrol) Kerb Weight (Diesel)||1087 – 1106 kg 1205 – 1304 kg||1110 – 1140 kg –|
|Gross Vehicle Weight||–||1600 kg|
- Honda WR-V is 4 mm longer than Vitara Brezza.
- The Vitara Brezza is 56 mm wider than Honda WR-V.
- Also, Vitara Brezza is better in terms of height than Honda compact SUV by 39 mm.
- Wheelbase of Honda WR-V is 55 mm more than Maruti Vitara Brezza.
- Ground Clearance of Honda WR-V at 198 mm is 10 mm more than Maruti Vitara Brezza.
- Vitara Brezza has a 0.1 m shorter turning circle when compared to Honda WR-V.
- Fuel tank storage of Honda WR-V is 40-litres while that of Vitara Brezza is 48-litres.
- Both the SUVs rides on 16-inch wheels but the tyre dimensions of Vitara Brezza is slightly better.
- Petrol kerb weight of Vitara Brezza is 23 to 34 kg better than Honda WR-V.
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza Engine Options Comparison
Honda WR-V is available with 1.2 litre petrol and 1.5 litre Diesel engine, both with manual transmission while the lone engine option of Maruti Vitara Brezza is 1.5-litre SHVS petrol with availability of MT and AMT gearbox.
|Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Petrol||1.2 L||1.5 L|
Honda WR-V 1.2 vs Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5 Petrol – Which Engine is more Powerful / Fuel Efficient?
Honda WR-V is powered by 1199 cc 1.2 L I-VTEC petrol engine (89 BHP / 110 NM) with claimed fuel efficiency of 16.5 kmpl while Maruti Vitara Brezza has 1.5-litre K15B petrol unit (103 BHP / 138 NM) with fuel efficiency between 17.03 kmpl and 18.76 kmpl for manual and automatic gearbox respectively.
|Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Engine||1.2-litre SOHC i-VTEC||1.5 L K15B|
|Displacement||1199 cc||1462 cc|
|No. Of Cylinders||4||4|
|Power||89 BHP @ 6000 RPM||103 BHP @ 6000 RPM|
|Torque||110 NM @ 4800 RPM||138 NM @ 4400 RPM|
|Transmission||16.5 kmpl||17.03 kmpl / 18.76 kmpl|
|Fuel Efficiency||5 Speed Manual||5 Speed MT / 4 Speed AT|
|Mild Hybrid Technology||–||Yes (only in AT)|
|Top Speed||180 kmph||180 kmph|
|0-100 kmph||15.31 seconds||11.34 seconds|
Petrol Engine Review
- Honda WR-V gets 1199 cc unit while Vitara Brezza has a bigger 1.5-litre engine with capacity of 1462 cc.
- Both engines are 4 cylinders and front wheel drive system
- Maruti Vitara Brezza petrol is 14 BHP more powerful and 28 NM more torquier than Honda WR-V.
- Also the fuel economy of Honda WR-V is 0.53 kmpl less than what Brezza’s 5 speed manual transmission delivers.
- Honda WR-V has just 5 speed manual option while Maruti offers both the transmission systems in Brezza compact SUV.
- Maruti Vitara Brezza 1.5-litre petrol engine has mild hybrid technology which gives more mileage, better pickup as well.
- Top speed of Maruti Vitara Brezza and Honda WR-V is 180 kmph.
- Honda WR-V takes 15.31 seconds to sprint from 0-100 kmph while the same is done by Vitara Breeza in around 4 seconds less at 11.34 seconds.
*We haven’t compared the Diesel engines of the two SUVs since the Vitara Brezza has left its diesel motor back in the BS 4 era.
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Which is better in terms of features?
|Features||Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Headlamps||LED Projector||LED Projector|
|Interior Theme||Single Tone||Single Tone|
|Push Button Start with Keyless Entry||Yes||Yes|
|Outside door handles||Chrome||Body Coloured|
|Armrest||Front||Front & Rear|
|Steering wheel adjustment||Tilt & Telescopic||Tilt|
|Roof Antenna||Shark Finn||Micro|
|ORVMs Adjustment||Power Foldable||Auto Foldable|
|Adjustable Headrest||Front||Front & Rear|
|Split Rear Seat||–||60:40|
|No. Of Speakers||6||6|
- Honda WR-V and Vitara Brezza offers LED Projector headlights, LED tail lamps, 16-inch alloys, single tone black interiors with fabric seats and leather wrapped steering wheel.
- Other features shared by the two SUVs are 7-inch infotainment system, analog instrument panel, auto ac, push button with keyless entry, rear wiper, cruise control, 4 speakers and 2 front tweeters.
- Electric sunroof is available in Honda WR-V while Maruti Vitara Brezza is not given this feature.
- While Vitara Brezza offers front footwell lighting which Honda WR-V doesn’t possess.
- Exterior door handles of Honda WR-V top variant are in chrome while that of Brezza are in body colour.
- Honda WR-V has armrest for front occupants while Maruti has front and rear armrest for Vitara Brezza.
- Steering wheel can be adjusted for rake & reach in WR-V and only offers tilt functionality in Brezza.
- Shark Finn antenna is available in WR-V while a standard antenna is in Brezza.
- Wing mirrors are power foldable in WR-V and auto foldable in Vitara Brezza.
- Sunglass holder is given a miss in the Honda WR-V as well as rear adjustable headrest and 60:40 split function.
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Which has more safety features on offer?
|Safety Features||Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|No. of Airbags||2||2|
|Park Assist||Reverse Parking Camera||Reverse Parking Camera|
|Hill Start Assist||–||Yes|
|Electronic Stability Control||–||Yes|
|Auto Dimming IRVM||–||Yes|
|Rain Sensing Wipers||–||Yes|
|Height adjustable seat belts||–||Yes (Front)|
- Honda WR-V and Maruti Vitara Brezza offers driver and passenger airbag, rear parking sensors, reverse camera, auto headlamps, rear defogger.
- While certain features are available in only Vitara Brezza which includes Hill launch assist, ESP, auto dimming IRVM, rain sensing wipers and front height adjustable seat belts.
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Which has better build quality?
Honda WR-V is underpinned by ACE body structure and it has not yet been tested for the global NCAP while Vitara Brezza scored 4 star rating in the Global NCAP safety test with the TECT platform as the base.
Maruti Vitara Brezza
|Platform||ACE Body Structure||TECT Body|
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Which is the most popular choice?
Maruti Vitara Brezza has been always amongst the top sellers with an average sales of 7,500 units per month and on the other hand, Honda WR-V is one of the least popular cars in its segment with sales of 2,500 units in a month.
|Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Sales (in units)||2,500||7,500|
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza – Which offers better warranty package?
Honda WR-V has a better warranty package than Maruti Vitara Brezza with 3 years and unlimited kilometres of warranty while Vitara Brezza features 2 years / 40,000 kilometres.
|Honda WR-V||Maruti Vitara Brezza|
|Warranty||3 years / unlimited kms||2 years / 40,000 kms|
Honda WR-V vs Maruti Vitara Brezza Price Comparison – Which is more affordable?
|WR-V 1.2 Petrol||Vitara Brezza 1.5 Petrol|
|LXI – Rs 7.34 L|
|SV – Rs 8.5 L||VXI – Rs 8.35 L|
|ZXI – Rs 9.1 L|
|VX – Rs 9.7 L||ZXI+ – Rs 9.75 L|
|VXI AT – Rs 9.75 L|
|ZXI AT – Rs 10.5 L|
|ZXI+ AT – Rs 11.15 L|
Honda WR-V petrol is priced between Rs. 8.5 Lakhs and Rs. 9.7 Lakhs while the Vitara Brezza 1.5 petrol start from Rs. 7.34 Lakh for LXI MT and goes unto Rs. 11.15 Lakhs for the top end ZXI+ AT model.
Honda WR-V SV vs Maruti Vitara Brezza VXI
|Honda WR-V SV||Rs. 8.5 Lakhs (+ 15,000)|
|Maruti Vitara Brezza VXI||Rs. 8.35 Lakhs|
Honda WR-V SV manual is priced at Rs. 8.5 Lakhs making it Rs. 15,000 expensive than the corresponding Vxi trim of Maruti Vitara Brezza which gets a price sticker of Rs. 8.35 Lakhs.
Exterior – LED DRLs, Micro Roof Antenna, Body coloured ORVMs and door handles
Interior – Fabric seats, Black interior theme
Comfort – Automatic climate control, Steering controls, Standard IRVM, Adjustable front seat headrest, Bench folding rear seats, Rear Parcel tray
Infotainment – Front & Rear Speakers (4)
Safety – 2 airbags, rear parking sensors, ABS with EBD, Engine Immobiliser, central locking, Rear Defogger
What features Maruti Vitara Brezza VXI offers over Honda WR-V SV?
Maruti Vitara Brezza VXI has certain features to offer which the WR V’s base trim doesn’t have:
- LED tail lamps
- LED projector headlamps
- Push Start Button Start
- Electrically foldable ORVMs
- Front Footwell Illumination
- Illuminated Glovebox
- Front seat back pocket
- 7 step illumination control for instrument cluster
What features Honda WR-V SV offers over Maruti Vitara Brezza VXI?
Below mentioned is a list of features which the Honda WR-V base SV trim offers and Brezza VXI doesn’t:
- 7-inch infotainment system with voice commands, navigation, android auto, Apple Carplay
- Reverse parking camera
- Silver inside door handles
- Alloy Wheels
- Illuminated luggage area
Verdict: Although the Brezza Vxi gets better tail lamps, headlamps and certain more convenience features but still the WR-V SV is a more value for money trim since it gets highly required features including infotainment system and rear camera as well.
Honda WR-V VX vs Maruti Vitara Brezza ZXI+
|Honda WR-V SV||Rs. 9.7 Lakhs|
|Maruti Vitara Brezza ZXI+||Rs. 9.75 Lakhs (+ 5,000)|
Honda WR-V SV is priced at Rs. 9.7 Lakhs while Vitara Brezza ZXI Plus has got a price tag of Rs. 9.75 Lakhs resulting in Rs. 5,000 being more premium over the Honda’s compact SUV.
Exterior – LED Projector headlamps, LED Tail lamps, 16-inch alloys
Interior – Leather wrapped steering wheel
Comfort – Push button start, Seat back pocket, height adjustable driver seat
Infotainment – 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, 4 speakers + 2 front tweeters
Safety – Reverse parking camera, LED fog lamps
What features Maruti Vitara Brezza ZXI+ offers over Honda WR-V VX?
Here are some of the features which the Brezza ZXI plus have but VX variant of WR-V doesn’t:
- Rear Armrest
- Rear adjustable headrest
- Auto Foldable ORVMs
- Height adjustable front seat belt
What features Honda WR-V VX offers over Maruti Vitara Brezza ZXI+?
Honda WR-V top end trim comes with certain features which the Brezza ZXI+ misses out on:
- Shark Finn Antenna
- Chrome outer door handles
- Electric Sunroof
Verdict: One stand out features of WR-V VX is electric sunroof but misses out on basic features like rear armrest and adjustable headrest so the Brezza top end trim is much better than what WR-V top end trim has to provide.
Why Honda WR-V is a better buy over Maruti Vitara Brezza?
- Diesel engine – Honda WR-V gets i-DTEC Diesel engine while Maruti Vitara Brezza is a petrol only offering and Diesel engine are often chose by customers who have to cover long miles and get better mileage figures.
- Premium Interior – Honda cars are known for their premium interior apart from excellent drivability. The WR-V has very laid out dashboard and fit and finish quality of material is far better than the Maruti SUV.
Why Maruti Vitara Brezza is better than Honda WR-V?
- Availability of automatic transmission – Albeit the Vitara Brezza doesn’t have a Diesel engine but its covered by the choice of AMT gearbox which the customers chose for relaxed and comfortable driving in city and on highways as well.
- More safety features – Maruti Vitara Brezza has more safety equipment on offer as the facelift has been launched with many new features including auto dimming IRVM, rain sensing wipers, hill start assist and vehicle stability management.
- More choice of variants – Maruti Vitara Brezza has much more variants on offer than the Honda WR-V which means it have a trim below the starting price of WR-V and also above the ending price tag of the latter as well.
- Low maintenance cost – Although both these carmakers have service stations each and every where and has high localisation of parts but Maruti Suzuki has the highest localisation and their cars are easy to maintain.