MG Hector Plus will feature extra seating row compared to Standard Hector
After the success of Hector and ZS EV in India, Morris Garages will now bring their 3 row Hector Plus India.Here is everything you need to know about MG Hector Plus.
MG Hector Plus Dimensions
- In terms of dimensions, the 3 seater Hector Plus will measure the same as that of MG Hector with width, height, wheelbase, ground clearance of 1835 mm, 1760 mm, 2750 mm and 192 mm respectively.
- Except for the length, which will be around 40 mm more than Hector taking it to 4695 mm
- Also the addition of the third row, which will eat up the massive 587 L boot space and is expected to be around 200 to 250 L for Hector Plus.
|MG Hector Plus||MG Hector|
|Length||4695 mm||4655 mm|
|Width||1835 mm||1835 mm|
|Height||1760 mm||1760 mm|
|Wheelbase||2750 mm||2750 mm|
|Boot Space||587 L||200 L (expected)|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||60 L||60 L|
|Ground Clearance||192 mm||192 mm|
MG Hector Plus Exterior
- The 6 seater MPV carries the same design language as that of Hector but in order to distinguish it from the latter, here are some of the key exterior features of Hector+ :
- The LED DRLs above the headlamp unit looks much more stylish than Hector.
- Headlamps looks very harper and are quite different compare to the MG SUV.
- Front grille gets blacked out treatment and is also wider and longer as well.
- The side largely remains unchanged and Hector Plus will ride on the same 17 inch alloys while carrying forward similar design.
- At the tear, the tail lamps are LED like before but are sleeker and sharper than before.
- The thick bar housing the MG logo and connecting the tail lamps is now gone as well.
- Big size skid plates of Hector gets smaller in Hector Plus.Hector badging gets replaced by Hector Plus.
MG Hector Plus Interior
- Although the interior of MG Hector and Hector Plus will be largely similar, here are some of the interior changes that will be introduced by Morris Garages for Hector Plus:
- To distinguish it from regular Hector, MG Motor India will introduce new seat fabric.
- The biggest change inside will be addition of 3rd row seats taking the seating capacity to 6, with captain seats for the middle row occupants.
MG Hector Plus Features & Safety
Expect for the 50:50 split 3rd row, and updated infotainment system, MG Hector Plus over the Hector won’t feature any significant equipment upgrades.The platform of Hector will also be underpinning that of the upcoming MG MPV in India.Top features of MG Hector Plus are:
- Panoramic Sunroof
- Hands Free tailgate
- Electrically powered front seats
- 10.4” infotainment system
- 6 airbags
- Ambient lighting
- Rain sensing wipers
- Automatic headlamps
- 360 degree surround view camera
- Connected car tech
- Push start button with keyless entry
- infinity sound system
MG Hector Plus Engine Options
MG Hector Plus will be available with the same engine options as that of Hector, which means 1 petrol engine, 1 petrol-hybrid and 1 Diesel engine option.
- The 1.5 L turbocharged petrol engine will be offered with 6 speed manual and 7 speed DCT gearbox with output figures of 141 BHP and 250 NM.
- 1.5 litre smart hybrid petrol engine with the same power and torque figures as that of above mentioned petrol unit will come with only 6 speed manual transmission option.
- 2.0 litre Diesel engine will initially be available with only manual gearbox with automatic gearbox variant planned for early next year launch.Power and torque generated is 168 BHP and 350 NM respectively.
|1.5 L Petrol||1.5 L Mild Hybrid||2.0 L Diesel|
|Power||141 BHP||141 BHP||168 BHP|
|Torque||250 NM||250 NM||350 NM|
|Transmission||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed DCT||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed DCT||6 Speed MT|
|Fuel efficiency||13.9 kmpl / 13.6 kmpl||15.5 kmpl||17 kmpl|
MG Hector Plus Price
The price of Hector Plus as compared to MG Hector will go up by around Rs. 1.2 L to Rs. 1.5 L.
|MG Hector Plus||MG Hector|
|1.5 Petrol MT||13.9 L – 14.7 L||12.74 L – 13.54 L|
|1.5 L Petrol DCT||17.1 L – 18.7 L||15.94 L – 17.44 L|
|1.5 L Petrol-Hybrid||15.4 L – 16.8 L||14.14 L – 16.54 L|
|2.0 L Diesel||15.1 L – 20 L||13.88 L – 17.73 L|
MG Hector Plus is expected to be priced in India between Rs. 13.9 Lakhs and Rs. 20 L (Ex Showroom).
MG Hector Plus Launch Date
- MG Hector was launched in India on June 27, 2019 and now the carmakers will introduce their new product in June 2020
- Showcased back at Auto Expo 2020, MG Hector Plus was scheduled to be launched in India in April 2020 but due to coronavirus pandemic, it has been delayed.
- Now the third product for India by the carmakers is confirmed to launch in India in June, although the exact date is yet to be finalised.
- Initially, MG Hector Plus will be offered in 6 seater configuration while the 7 seater variant is expected to be introduced around Diwali 2020.
MG Hector Plus Rivals
- When launched MG Hector Plus will take on the likes of Toyota Innova Crysta and Mahindra XUV500 (which is due for a generation update)
- Couple of new competitors including Tata Gravitas, New gen Mahindra XUV500 and Creta 7 seater will join the segment soon.