Renault Kwid has got multiple variants removed from the lineup with a slight price increase.
- RXL variant is now available in 1 Litre with manual and AMT
- Overall price hike has been between Rs. 2,000 to Rs. 6,000
Renault Kwid has completed 5 years in India and SUV style hatchback has crosses 3,50,000 sales mark in a span of 5 years and has also been the top seller for Renault in India.
What are the variant / price updates in Renault Kwid 2020?
- Price of STD 0.8 MT, RXE 0.8 MT, RXL 0.8 MT and RXT 0.8 MT has been hiked by Rs. 2,000.
- RXL variant is now available in 1-litre option with manual and automatic options (earlier is was there in just 800 cc unit).
- RXT 1.0 variants (MT and AMT) have been dropped while the 0.8 L trim still continues.
- RXT(O) 1.0 MT and AMT price increase has been Rs. 4,000 and Rs. 6,000 respectively.
- Climber 1.0 MT and AMT has been removed from the lineup.
- Climber(O) 1.0 L Manual and Automatic has got premium by Rs. 4,000 and Rs. 6,000 respectively.
Renault Kwid Old vs New Price Comparison
|Variant||New Prices||Old BS 6 Prices||Price increase|
|STD 0.8 L MT||Rs 2.94 lakh||Rs 2.92 lakh||Rs 2,000|
|RXE 0.8 L MT||Rs 3.64 lakh||Rs 3.62 lakh||Rs 2,000|
|RXL 0.8 L MT||Rs 3.94 lakh||Rs 3.92 lakh||Rs 2,000|
|RXT 0.8 L MT||Rs 4.24 lakh||Rs 4.22 lakh||Rs 2,000|
|RXL 1.0 L MT||Rs 4.16 lakh||—||New|
|RXL 1.0 L AMT||Rs 4.48 lakh||—||New|
|RXT 1.0 L MT||—||Rs 4.42 lakh||Discontinued|
|RXT(O) 1.0 L MT||Rs 4.54 lakh||Rs 4.50 lakh||Rs 4,000|
|RXT 1.0L AMT||—||Rs 4.72 lakh||Discontinued|
|RXT(O) 1.0 L AMT||Rs 4.86 lakh||Rs 4.8 lakh||Rs 6,000|
|Climber 1.0 L MT||—||Rs 4.63 lakh||Discontinued|
|Climber(O) 1.0 L MT||Rs 4.75 lakh||Rs 4.71 lakh||Rs 4,000|
|Climber 1.0 L AMT||—||Rs 4.93 lakh||Discontinued|
|Climber(O) 1.0 L AMT||Rs 5.07 lakh||Rs 5.01 lakh||Rs 6,000|
Are there any features updates in any variant?
No, all the trims of Renault Kwid continues to offer the same set of features. As discussed above, the only change has been the price hike across the variants along with variants shuffle.
Are there any updates to the engine specifications?
There are on changes in the powertrains neither in the claimed fuel efficiency. 0.8-litre SCe petrol makes 53 BHP and 72 NM of torque and comes paired with 5 speed manual gearbox.
On the other 999 cc engine available in wide variety of trims has output figures of 67 BHP and 91 NM. Transmission duties are handled by 5 speed manual and automatic gearbox.
What are the variant wise features?
Here are all the variant wise features of Renault Kwid which comes in STD, RXE, RXL, RXL 1.0, RXT (O), Climber(O).
STD 0.8 L MT
- LED DRLs
- LED tail lights
- Black outside door handles
- Fabric seats
- 1 airbag
- Rear Parking Sensors
- Manual adjustment for ORVMs
- Digital Tachometer
- ABS with EBD
- Rear Spoiler
RXE 0.8 L MT
In addition to STD, it gets features like:
- Manual air conditioning
- 2 speakers
RXL 0.8 L / 1.0 L MT / 1.0 L AMT
In addition to RXE 0.8, it gets features like:
- Electric power steering
- Front power windows
- Front power socket
- Central locking
- 1 DIN music system with USB, AUX, BT, Radio
RXT(O) 1.0 L MT / AMT
In addition to RXL, it gets features like:
- Front and rear power windows
- Chrome inside door handles
- Leather wrapped steering wheel
- Rear power socket
- 8-inch touchscreen infotainment system with apple CarPlay, android auto, navigation, voice commands
- Reverse parking camera
- 2 airbags
Climber(O) 1.0 L MT / AMT
In addition to RXT, it gets features like:
- Roof Rails
- Dual Tone interiors