This is full detailed comparison of upcoming Skoda Kushaq and segment king Hyundai Creta on the basis of Features, Price, Dimensions, Engine Specs and other details.
Skoda Auto India will enter the mid size SUV segment dominated by the Korean twins with its all new Kushaq SUV.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Exterior
-While the Hyundai Creta front profile is dominated by the carmakers cascading grille flanked by trio LED headlamps, Skoda Kushaq on the other side has an aggressive and sporty face.
-Headlamps in Creta are all LEDs while that in Kushaq has LED Projector lights. Both the SUVs rides on 17 inch alloys.
-Creta’s rear profile might be polarising to some with LED tail lamps possessing high mount stop lamp in centre while Kushaq’s rear section is pleasant looking with inverted L-shaped LED lights and Skoda lettering in between.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Interior
-Both the SUVs comes with premium cabin with touchscreen infotainment system occupying the centre stage. Creta 10.25-inch setup is slightly bigger than dash top system of that of Kushaq.
-Instrument cluster in Creta is a semi digital cluster while Kushaq features analog unit.
-Both the SUVs get single colour ambient lighting – white in Kushaq and blue coloured light in Creta.
-The automatic climate panel of Kushaq feels more premium and on the over of that it has got a touch panel to operate.
-For the Kushaq, there are three adjustable headrest while Creta features two headrests with cushion as well. For Creta, seats are reclinable as well.
Skoda Kushaq Vs Hyundai Creta Dimensions
|Skoda Kushaq||Hyundai Creta|
|Length||4225 mm||4300 mm|
|Width||1760 mm||1790 mm|
|Height||1612 mm||1635 mm|
|Wheelbase||2651 mm||2610 mm|
|Ground Clearance||188 mm||190 mm|
|Boot Space||385 L||433 L|
- Hyundai Creta is 75 mm longer, 30 mm wider and 23 mm taller as compared to Skoda Kushaq.
- Wheelbase of Kushaq at 2651 mm is better than Creta by 41 mm and is also the longest in the segment.
- Ground clearance difference is 2 mm with Creta being the winner here while also having a 48-litre bigger boot than Kushaq.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Engine Specs Comparison
|Turbo Petrol||Skoda Kushaq||Skoda Kushaq||Hyundai Creta|
|Engine||1.0 L TSI||1.5 TSI||1.4 L T-GDI|
|No of Cylinders||3||4||4|
|Capacity||999 cc||1498 cc||1397 cc|
|Power||113 BHP||148 BHP||138 BHP|
|Torque||175 NM||250 NM||242 NM|
|Transmission||6 Speed MT / AT||6 Speed MT / 7 Speed DSG||7 Speed DCT|
- Skoda Kushaq comes with a set of turbo petrol engines. We will compare the specifications of 1.4- turbo petrol of Creta with Kushaq’s 1.5-litre TSI turbo petrol unit
- Kushaq’s TSI engine makes 10 BHP and 8 NM of more torque than Creta’s 1.4-turbo GDI unit.
- While the Creta’s turbo petrol engine can be had with just 7 speed DCT transmission, Skoda offers both its engine options with manual and as well as automatic transmission.
- Claimed fuel efficiency of Creta 1.4 petrol DCT is 16.8 kmpl while Skoda Auto India is yet to reveal the mileage of its 1.0 and 1.5 TSI petrol engine.
|1.5 L Petrol||Hyundai Creta|
|Engine||1.5 L MPI|
|No of Cylinders||1497 cc|
|Transmission||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed CVT|
|Mileage||16.8 kmpl / 16.9 kmpl|
Hyundai Creta has got another petrol engine but this one is a naturally aspirated unit while Kushaq has got both turbocharged units.
|Diesel||Skoda Kushaq||Hyundai Creta|
|Engine||–||1.5 L U2 CRDi|
|No of Cylinders||–||4|
|Transmission||–||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT|
|Mileage||–||21.4 kmpl / 18.5 kmpl|
Also, Creta comes with 1.5-litre Diesel engine which 70% of the buyers opt for when buying this Korean SUV while the Czech SUV has no plans to get diesel powertrain anytime soon.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Features
|Features||Skoda Kushaq||Hyunda Creta|
|Instrument Cluster||Analog||Semi Digital|
|Android Auto, Apple Carplay||Wireless||Standard|
|Connected Car Technology||Yes||Yes|
|Sound System||7 Speaker Skoda||8 Speaker Bose|
|Automatic Climate Control||Yes||Yes|
|Wireless Phone Charging||Yes||Yes|
|Ventilated Front Seats||Yes||Yes|
|Powered Driver Seat||–||Yes|
|Auto Dimming IRVM||Yes||Yes|
|Recline Rear Seats||–||Yes|
|Push Button Start with Keyless Entry||Yes||Yes|
|Rain Sensing Wipers||Yes||–|
|Rear window sunshade||–||Yes|
- Skoda Kushaq comes with Led Projector headlights while Creta has got trio beam LED lights.
- Creta has got segment leading feature of panoramic sunroof and is one of the reasons for Creta to be in huge demand while the upcoming Kushaq will have a standard electric sunroof like Kia Seltos.
- Also, Skoda Kushaq offers wireless android auto and Apple CarPlay which is recently only more cars have started offering while in Creta you have to use wires to connect your Android/iPhone.
- In top end variant of Creta, you get semi digital instrument cluster, while all the trims of Kushaq features analog cluster.
- Hyundai Creta gets 8 speaker Bose Sound system while the Skoda’s SUV will comes with Skoda’s 7 speaker system.
- Features that Creta offers over Kushaq are electrically adjustable driver seat, air purifier, 2 step recline for rear seats, rear window sunshade while missing out on auto wipers that Kushaq offers.
|Safety Features||Skoda Kushaq||Hyunda Creta|
|ABS with EBD||Yes||Yes|
|Reverse Parking Camera||Yes||Yes|
|Electric Parking Brake||–||Yes|
Here is a top safety features comparison of the two SUVs with both the SUVs being quite loaded in terms of safety equipment. One difference being electric parking brake which Creta’s higher trims offers.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Platform & Safety
|Skoda Kushaq||MQB A0 IN|
Skoda Kushaq comes built on MQB-A0 IN platform which is Volkswagen group’s localised version of the MQB A0 platform while Creta shares platform with Seltos and has got AHSS as well.
Skoda Kushaq vs Hyundai Creta Price
|SUVs||Price (Ex Showroom)|
|Skoda Kushaq||Rs 9.7 lakhs – Rs 15.5 lakhs|
|Hyunda Creta||Rs 10 lakhs – Rs 17.49 lakhs|
Hyundai Creta price starts at Rs 10 lakhs for the base variant with the top end diesel automatic costing Rs 17.49 L while Kushaq is expected to undercut Creta in terms of pricing and is likely to begin from Rs 9.7 lakhs for the base Active 1.0-litre TSI petrol manual with top end 1.5 TSI DSG having a price sticker of Rs 15.5 lakhs.
Skoda Kushaq’s official price and launch will take place in India in June 2021 with deliveries starting in July 2021.