Toyota Fortuner Facelift gets number of new features and interior, exterior upgrades
Toyota Fortuner facelift has been revealed in Thailand. It is available in couple of variants and engine options. In India, it is the most popular car in its segment and with this update, it will be able to maintain the crown even well better than before.
Toyota Fortuner Exterior Changes
- The front grille gets much bigger than before and loses the chrome slats as well as bars surrounding the grille.
- The LED projector headlamps are redesigned and looks much more sharper than before.
- Front bumper is also tweaked and houses big size skid plates.
- Chrome surrounds of the fog lamps are also gone while below it are LED turn indicators which is new addition over the present version of Toyota Fortuner.
- Coming to the side, the easily noticeable change here is newly designed alloy wheels which are 18-inchers.
- The tail lamps of the updated Fortuner are sleeker than before and looks quite elegant.
Toyota Fortuner Facelift 2021 Interior
- First change will be the infotainment system which will be upgraded from 7” to 8-inch while the Legender offer a much more bigger setup at 9 inches.
- Instrument cluster is also a bit updated although it is still analog.
- Configurable LED ambient lighting will be available as well.
- Seat upholstery will still be leather however there will be improved fabrics than before
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Features
Fortuner has always been a stylish and muscular SUV but in terms of features compared to rivals, it still miss out on many but with the facelift update the premium SUV will host of new features.Here are some of the existing top features of Toyota Fortuner:
- Hands free tailgate
- Leather seat upholstery
- Cruise control
- Dual tone automatic ac
- ABS with EBD
- 7 airbags
- Front & Rear parking sensors with reverse parking camera
- Auto Dimming IRVM
- Power adjustable front seats
- 7” infotainment system
- Electrically adjustable & foldable wing mirrors
What new features will Fortuner Facelift get?
Above mentioned are some of the top features and safety equipment that the current spec Fortuner has to offer and below listed are the new add-on features that Toyota India will introduce in Fortuner Facelift:
- 360 degree surround view camera
- 8” infotainment system
- Auto foldable ORVMs
- 9 speaker JBL sound system
- LED ambient lighting
What features Toyota Fortuner Facelift offers over Ford Endeavour?
360 degree camera is a feature that Fortuner facelift will offer while Endeavour provides front and rear parking sensors with reverse camera assist.
What features Ford Endeavour offers over Toyota Fortuner Facelift?
Panoramic Sunroof, 3rd row seats, auto parking, 10 speakers, Ford Pass (Connected Car Technology) are features missing in Toyota Fortuner Facelift 2021.
What features Toyota Fortuner Facelift offers over Mahindra Alturas G4?
9 speakers by JBL audio system will be available in Fortuner Facelift as compared to 6 speaker sound setup on Mahindra Alturas G4.
What features Mahindra Alturas G4 offers over Toyota Fortuner Facelift?
Electric Sunroof, Memory driver seat, ventilated front seats, heated outside rear view mirrors are the features that Alturas G4 offers over Fortuner Facelift.
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Legender
- The legender variant of Toyota Fortuner gets a couple of cosmetic updates over regular facelift variant of Fortuner.
- First of all, it gets very unique and super stylish LED headlamps with highly distinctive design.
- The front grille of Legender variant is derived from Lexus range while that of basic version of facelift Fortuner is bigger than the outgoing Fortuner.
- Instead of chrome elements used at the front and the back end of Fortuner, Legender uses more of piano black inserts to give it a sporty look.
- Also this top spec trim rides on bigger and chunkier dual tone 20-inch alloy wheels as well gets contrasting black roof.
- Inside it gets a bigger 9” touchscreen infotainment system and all black cabin theme
New Powerful Engine Options
- In India, Toyota Fortuner Facelift will be available with two engine options – 2.8 L diesel and 2.7 L petrol. But there will be changes in the output figures of Diesel engine of Fortuner facelift.
- The 2.7 litre Diesel engine which currently puts out 177 PS and 420-450 NM will get a boost in the overall figures with power jumping up higher unto 204 PS and 500 NM of maximum torque. It will be available in 6 speed MT and 6 Speed AT.
- The 2.8 litre petrol will be carry forwarded from current spec Fortuner with the same set of transmission (5 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT) and same output figures (166 PS and 245 NM)
|2020 Toyota Fortuner Engine Specs||2.8 L Diesel||2.7 L Petrol|
|Power||177 PS||166 PS|
|Torque||420 NM (MT), 450 NM (AT)||245 NM|
|Transmission||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT||5 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT|
|2021 Toyota Fortuner Facelift Engine Specs||2.8 L Diesel||2.7 L Petrol|
|Power||204 PS||166 PS|
|Torque||500 NM||245 NM|
|Transmission||6 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT||5 Speed MT / 6 Speed AT|
Toyota Fortuner Facelift Price
Fortuner was updated to BS 6 a few months back and now recently only the carmakers have increased the prices of their top selling SUV by Rs. 48,000 across all the variants with now the prices falling between ₹ 28.66 L and ₹ 34.43 L.
With the facelift update, the cost of Fortuner is expected to go up by Rs. 40,000 to Rs. 50,000.
How does the facelift Fortuner prices compare with its rivals?
Toyota Fortuner facelift is expected to carry ex showroom price tag of Rs. 29 Lakhs and going upto Rs. 35 Lakhs, while Endeavour is priced between Rs. 29.55 Lakhs and Rs. 33.25 (The prices of Endeavour are also going higher a bit in next few months), Alturas G4 costs between Rs. 28.69 L and Rs. 31.69 L (All Prices, Ex Showroom, India)
|Price (Ex Showroom)|
|Toyota Fortuner Facelift 2021||29 L – 35 L|
|Ford Endeavour||29.55 L – 33.25 L|
|Mahindra Alturas G4||28.69 L – 31.69 L|
Toyota Fortuner Facelift India Launch Date
- Toyota has launched the updated Fortuner in Thailand and the India launch of the facelifted version of Fortuner will take place in India in early 2021, expected in February 2021.
- But before the facelift Fortuner, the carmakers will also launch a limited edition (like they launched in Innova Crysta) which will come with features like auto foldable ORVMs and 360 degree camera among others. The Launch of this special edition of Fortuner is expected to take place in the next few months only.
- Now you must be wondering whether Toyota would launch the ‘Legender’ variant in India.Yes, it will be launched in India as TRD Sportivo trim but the launch will take place in the festive season of next year.