Here is a list of upcoming Honda Cars in 2021-22 in India along with their features, expected price and all other details.
After the discontinuation of Civic and CR-V, Honda have only 4 cars in their lineup in india – Amaze, Jazz, WR-V and City, with first and last product being the major sales churner. Now in the next few months, they are going to enter into many newer segments as well as updating their current lineup as well.
Here is a list of 4 upcoming Honda Cars in India in 2021-22:
1. Honda City Hybrid
New generation Honda City was launched in India back on July 15, 2020. Till now, the sedan has been receiving quite good response in the market and is topping its segment every month.
Currently, the sedan is offered with 1.5-litre petrol and 1.5-litre Diesel engine. Now the carmakers are planning to bring Honda City Hybrid to India. Here are all the details:
- Engine Specs: City Hybrid will get 1.5-litre naturally aspirated petrol engine with two electric motors. Petrol unit makes 97 BHP and 127 NM of torque. One electric motor is paired to the petrol engine and works as ISG (Integrated Starter Generator) while the other one sends power to the front wheels. The combined output figures are 108 BHP and 253 NM.
There will be three driving modes – Hybrid drive, Electric Drive and Engine Drive. This stronger hybrid is not similar to mild hybrid systems that we see in Maruti Ciaz which generally assists the engine in limited scenarios while this strong self charging hybrid system, called by Honda as Sport Hybrid I-MMD, can even run on pure EV mode as well, like Camry Hybrid.
The mileage will be 27.78 kmpl for City Hybrid which is just under 10 kmpl more than City’s 1.5 Petrol manual 17.8 kmpl claimed fuel efficiency. City Hybrid is likely to be available with 6 speed manual transmission.
- Expected Price: Honda City Hybrid when launched is expected to retail with a price sticker of Rs 15 lakhs to Rs 18 lakhs (Ex Showroom). For your reference, standard petrol versions of City are priced between Rs 11 lakhs and Rs 14.65 lakhs (Ex Showroom).
- Launch Date: Honda City Hybrid will be launched in mid 2021, most probably in June-July 2021.
2. Honda Amaze Facelift
2nd generation Honda Amaze was launched in India in May 2018. While the sedan got a number of special editions over the past few months, Honda is reportedly working on the upgraded variant of the compact sedan which is going to be introduced sometime soon.
- Exterior: Honda Amaze facelift will see changes in the form of certain tweaks to front bumper. Halogen headlamps will be swapped with powerful LED Projector lights while the fog lights in halogen would depart for LED fog lights. Alloy wheels design will be updated while the tail lamps in Amaze in 2021 will be all LEDs.
- Interior: Minimal changes will e made inside the cabin. The sedan will get new seat upholstery. While the carmakers might also introduce electric sunroof in Amaze. However, the probability for the addition of this premium feature is very low and if introduced, it will be a segment leading feature which will remain limited to range topping VX trim.
- Features: New features of Honda Amaze 2021 are LED Projector Headlamps, LED fog lamps and tail lights, 2 tweeters among others. Along with this, certain features limited to only higher trims of Amaze earlier will now be offered in the basic models as well.
- Engine Options: There will be no changes under the hood. 1.2-litre I-VTEC petrol engine makes 89 BHP and 110 NM. It gets paired to 5 Speed MT & 7 Speed CVT. Claimed mileage is 18.6 kmpl and 18.3 kmpl respectively.
1.5-litre 4 cylinder I-DTEC diesel unit churns 99 BHP and 200 NM torque for manual and 79 BHP and 160 NM for CVT automatic. Fuel efficiency is rated at 24.7 kmpl for manual and 21 kmpl for CVT.
- Expected Price: With the facelift, comes additional features, tweaked interior-exterior and a slight bump of price is expected. Currently retailing between Rs 6.22 Lakhs and Rs 9.99 lakhs, Honda Amaze facelift is expected to get a price sticker of Rs 6.3 lakhs and Rs 10.2 lakhs.
3. Honda HR-V Hybrid
After the City Hybrid, Honda Cars India will launch the HR-V Hybrid in the country. HR-V Hybrid will take on the likes of Hyundai Creta, Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, VW Taigun but with a higher price sticker since the Japanese SUV will be offered with just hybrid option.
- Exterior: Honda HR-V gets a modern and stylish exterior deist. Upfront it features prominent grille, sleeker headlamps. While it has got coupe stance with sloping roofline and at the rear tail lamps are connected by thick rear appliqué.
- Interior: Cabin of Honda HR-V looks simple and pleasant. It gets a dashtop 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with all the bells and whistles. Digital instrument cluster is reminiscent to all new Honda City while the steering wheel will be directly lifted from the sedan as well for India along with certain other changes inside as well.
- Features: Top features will be panoramic sunroof, 8 speakers, LED Projector headlamps, 9-inch touchscreen infotainment system with android auto, Apple CarPlay, Alexa support, mirror link, connected car technology, ambient lighting, 6 airbags, cruise control, TPMS, rain sensing wipers, all 4 disc brakes, TCS, ESP among others.
- Engine Specs: It will derive engine option from City Hybrid, that is, 1.5 litre naturally aspirated petrol which 97 BHP and 127 NM of peak torque. There will be two electric motors – one works as ISG paired to engine while other sends power to front wheels taking the combined power to 108 BHP and torque to 253 NM.
Like the City Hybrid, here it will 3 drive modes – Hybrid drive, Electric Drive and Engine Drive. It can also run on pure EV mode as well. Mileage will be around 26.5 kmpl.
- Expected Price: Since the SUV is available only with hybrid option, Honda HR-V is likely to carry a premium price tag over its rivals. It is expected to be launched at a price tag of Rs 22 lakhs.
- Launch Date: The plans for bringing in the hybrid version of Honda HR-V has been dropped many times and now the SUV is confirmed to be introduced by late 2021 in India.
4. Honda ZR-V (Compact SUV)
Along with these three cars, Honda is also working on to bring a new sub compact SUV that’s going to replace the WR-V in India.
- Exterior: Honda ZR-V features a sloping bonnet. The front fascia is dominated by thick piano black grille which joins the LED headlamps. Sharp cuts and creases running across the sides adds to the character. While lower window belt line in chrome as well as chrome rear appliqué amps up the premium quotient.
What adds to the brawnier and SUV stance is the full body cladding along with faux skid plates. Tail are similar to that seen on CR-V and are all LEDs.
- Interior: While details about the cabin of ZR-V are scarce but the SUV will have interior in sync with the other model available in India. Steering wheel and part digital instrument cluster will be directly lifted from the new gen City. Infotainment system will be 8-inch affair while there will be loads of space and stupendous comfort for the passengers.
- Features: Top expected features are connected car technology, electric sunroof, digital instrument cluster, 8 speakers, cruise control, auto ac, 16-inch alloys, auto headlamps, leather steering, 8-inch touchscreen system with android auto, Apple CarPlay, Alexa support, ambient lighting, 6 airbags.
- Engine Specs: While the powertrain offering are yet to be confirmed, the compact SUV will retain the 1.5-litre I-DTEC unit which powers couple of Honda Cars in India. It generates 99 BHP and 200 NM of torque and is likely to be offered with 6 speed manual gearbox.
While the WR-V is also specced with 1.2-litre I-VTEC petrol engine, the upcoming compact SUV might plonk in 1.5-litre petrol unit from City since the former is said to be underpowered for the SUV. The petrol engine, either of the two on offer will get a choice of manual and CVT transmission.
- Dimensions & Platform: While the Japanese variant of the ZR-V is an above 4-metre SUV with all the dimensions similar to that, for India, it will be trimmed down and kept as a sub4-metre compact SUV. The upcoming Honda SUV will share underpinnings with the Amaze compact sedan.
- Expected Price: While the current Honda WR-V retails between Rs 8.55 lakhs and Rs 11.05 lakhs, the upcoming Honda ZR-V is expected to be juts slightly premium, expected to be somewhere around Rs 8.7 Lakhs and Rs 11.3 lakhs.
- Launch in India: As per the recent speculations, Honda’s new compact SUV, ZR-V will be launched by the first half of 2022. Exact date is yet to be announced.